Ode to My Silver Sperrys, because I wore them to work today and they deserve some credit. These shoes were an impulse purchase, to say the least. I think when I found them (on sale!) at Nordstroms and coaxed Mommy into buying them for me, she probably thought I would wear them once or twice, at best. Wrong. Although I don’t wear them as much in the summer, in the spring, winter, and fall I wear them frequently.
- I love that they’re a glamorous neutral. The silver goes with almost anything, but at the same time it has its own degree of special sparkle…literally.
- They’re unbelievably comfortable. Arch support, shock-absorbent rubber heel, the works.
- They’re paradoxically subtle. If you wear them with pants you can barely tell that they’re heels, yet with a dress they instantly make the outfit a bit dressier.
- I’ve never seen anyone else with them. Hence why they were on sale - clearly no one appreciated how wonderful these unique shoes would be once initiated into a wardrobe.
- I got them a few years ago…aka before the metallic Sperry fad hit. (Sorry to be that girl who rings her own bell about wearing a style first..)
- My boss complimented me on them today. It’s whatever.
Sorry for ranting, just thought they deserved some love.
In other non-tuxedo related news, I am mildly obsessed with this ring. Proving that slow and steady wins the race, I’m glad I was honest with my mother about not loving one of my birthday gifts in February because it took until now to find the perfect substitute for the magenta ring I never would have worn.
One of my favorite KJP ( @KJPbrand) examples at the moment. Note their gorgeous logo.
(So I like boy’s clothes…judge me or tell me these aren’t amazing, I dare you.)